Thursday, September 23, 2010

{Big girl Panties & Sneak Peek Fall Mantle}



.......{ Just a "Sneak" @ my Fall Mantle}......

I wanted a " theme " for my mantle....what can I say? it works for me...so far 

:)

The verse that God brought to mind was Psalm 120:5 ~ so I created AROUND this theme....you will see on October 1!!!

HARVEST is a word  that has a BIGGER and DEEPER meaning than just "harvesting" a crop of corn...as you will see when I unveil my mantle. 


I am posting tomorrow on HOW "I" AM CREATING MY SPACES...which is very funny to me since I have never created spaces like I am now....its really not about" just " the decor at all....

When I started this blog it is about me stopping and asking the deep hard questions of myself that have longed to be answered years ago...my little girl heart has ruled many of my choices in life.

{ WELL ~ HELLO BRAVE HEART ~ PUT on those BIG GIRL PANTIES}

the possibilities are limitless and all that I will discover and learn...I'm ready.

Much of the creating I am doing comes from a spiritual foundation...my whole being is involved...mistakes and all.

I'll stop giving a sermon now and get on with the project....LOL!  It is simple and hope you enjoy:) 



I cut out the letters on my Cricut ... I think on a 5 and then repeated it with the black card stock on a 4 ~ then just overlapped the two and hot glued. { super simple!} It needed more so I " painted the edges with cream acrylic...still needed more ~ so I randomly brushed a mix of Behr French Roast & another taupe color over the top of each letter.  Hole punched for the wire to run through wrapped some jute around the ends and tied them off with some sweet orange & black gingham ribbon.  I secured it with command strip hooks so it doesn't damage my mantle.


Can YOU find the "funny saying" on the newsprint?  ALL of my family caught it right off the bat!  I put it there intentionally....Old Farmers Almanacs make for GOOD READING!  See Below for the OOPS:)

 


October 1 ~ House of Belongings First Annual Fall Mantle Debut!!  Can't wait to share!  See you soon:)

I'm linking up with...

Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest.
Fall Festival #5 @ The DIY Show Off.
Making Mondays Marvelous @ C.R.A.F.T.
Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming
Metamorphomis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch


ALWAYS BUILDING ~

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wish I had a Cricut so bad! Such a cute harvest banner. Nice job. And that oops is pretty funny!

Unknown said...

love this! come on over and link up to MMM :)

No name said...

Very cute banner! I love the color you choose to paint this in.
Blessings,
Shanna
www.revampedfrenchmaison.com

Post a Comment

your encouragement-stories and prayers mean much...always feel free to email me @ tiffkilgore@live.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails