Friday, September 3, 2010

Sparrow {Fall Wall} Art!

Fall is in the air today!  Woke up to a cool “58” degrees! AND since this is the weekend that we are Nesting our Front Porch………..the weather just set the perfect mood.
I just wanted to share a “little something” I put together that will be used in our fall “theme” this week.  I have a heart for the sparrow, so when I saw @ Under the Table & Dreaming Christmas ornaments and her little bird….I fell in love with this little creature. 
I just replicated her directions for the bird

I had an old frame laying around that I had sprayed heirloom white and I wanted to put my little bird inside the frame.


I cut out a piece of scrapbook paper the size of the frame opening.  { I traced the cardboard piece from the frame so that the scrap paper was the perfect size }
Sprayed it with adhesive…(I sprayed the cardboard and scrapbook paper).
Then I used a “ fall “ stencil I had bought at JoAnn’s that day using Folkart’s Vintage White acrylic paint ~ I just dabbed it on.  After it was dry I sprayed a light coat of Crystal Clear Acrylic by Krylon on the scrapbook paper and on the bird. 
I then hot glued the cardboard piece back in place.  Next – I hot glued my little friend about the word “ fall “ and Voila!


I also made a BIG bird that I will post soon ~ not sure what to do with her yet…..thinking =)
~Hope you enjoy~


Happy Fall Nesting this last “official” weekend of summer.  Looking forward to sharing our ideas and looking at everyone else’s!!

I'm linking up to...

Funky Junk Interiors

                                                               UndertheTableandDreaming                                                        Get Your Craft On Tuesday

Always Building ~

4 comments:

MJ said...

Im loving your crafting style...2nd post and Im liking them more and more. I might just have to become a follower (I did...lol)! Great ideas.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I *adore* this!! Simply stunning!! Thank you so much for sharing, and I can't wait to see more!

~Alison
http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

Kirstin said...

I love this idea! I really need to try to get creative more often and not let "lack of money" stop me.

Unknown said...

I love the little birdie and your blog (I'm following now :) Would you mind telling me what you made the bird out of? Many Blessings!
Ginnie

Post a Comment

your encouragement-stories and prayers mean much...always feel free to email me @ tiffkilgore@live.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails