Monday, November 1, 2010

Intentionally Brave Monday LinkUp Party


{ Living Loved }


This is hard.  Living Loved.  Fear, abandonment, manipulation, hurt, mistrust are the things that come to mind when I think of love.  We are human and humans often repeat what they were shown growing up.  Generation after generation the cycle goes on.

Intentionally Brave was born in my heart FIRST for me...to journal my story.  I started this list.

I am afraid...

 of death - buried 6' under
Losing my children
driving
making phone calls
what people think about what I said to them
trying
to be late
bills won't get paid
talking to people
...won't love me anymore
of men
I won't live the dream God has for me
I won't make a difference
I have made to many bad choices
I will never get over STUFF
I will never TRULY live

THEN I was afraid of what my list said I was afraid of...ugh!

Then I knew...I would never LIVE if I continued down this path.
Through many stops along my common journey God led me to where I am now,
Learning to LIVE LOVED and not LIVE AFRAID
"learning"  is THE key word here :)

I've recently been applying this to LIVE INTENTIONALLY focused on HIS love for me and bravely meeting each fear knowing I have a choice.  I am still often overwhelmed by fear and fall back into it.  I am learning that the " overwhelmed" feeling passes.  If I say to myself the truth...picturing myself sitting still before Father - knowing He is right there and knows what is best for me.  It does pass.  I think I am learning to control the child that felt so out of control in a lifestyle that was out of control!
If that makes any sense??

Learning to trust Him like that is not something any of us can resolve in an instant; it's something we'll grow to discover the whole of our lives { Whew! that's good news } God knows how difficult it is for us to accept his love, and he teaches us with more patience than we've ever known.  Through every circumstance and in the most surprising ways, he makes his love know to us in ways we can understand.
So perhaps it's time to toss your daisies aside and discover that it is not the fear of losing God's love that will keep you on his path, but the simple joy of living in it every day.
On the day you discover that , you will truly begin to live!
{ excerpt from He Loves Me by Wayne Jacobsen }

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, { me and YOU } that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!
1 John 3:1

My biggest bravery steps right now is this
ONE DAY at a time... trusting Him and his love for me and knowing Jesus did everything perfectly!  so when I fail and don't measure up in my mind - Jesus did!  

This happens many times a day...I am up to my eyeballs in fear
I will repeat this...
I have to INTENTIONALLY or purposefully get up each day and throughout the day 
battling fears...they are based on lies and they are deeply rooted in me from the time I was a child
It is going to take the rest of my life...but little by little I will have freedom.
I will continue to trust my Fathers love for me and His plan for me and stop trying to fix everything because I'm afraid.

SECONDLY - I wanted to share Intentionally Brave with YOU
In what way were you BRAVE this week?
And I was privileged to have others respond and I can't begin to tell you how ENCOURAGED  I was by reading their BRAVE stories. 

It is my hope that by sharing INTENTIONALLY BRAVE MONDAYS we can build a community of support for one another

If you don't have a blog please feel free to leave your BRAVE STORY in the comments.  We'd all love to hear from you!  This is for everyone.  We are all common people on a common journey!
Living in His Love Today ~
Now it's your turn...


Here's the rules:)


1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back to The House of Belonging so that others can enjoy your Brave Story.
3. Please leave comments when you visit a post! Help our participants feel the love!



No comments:

Post a Comment

your encouragement-stories and prayers mean much...always feel free to email me @ tiffkilgore@live.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails